raceday frequently asked questions (Faq's)
Welcome to the Club Milton Speedway! Hello Racers and Fans!!!
- What is the address of the Track? Our address is 22676 Reynolds Pond Road Ellendale, DE 19941.
- What type of racing is at Club Milton Speedway? The best dirt oval racing on the east coast. Our track has a 350 foot center line racing groove. Click on the MORE link on the main toolbar and click on VIDEO to see our track.
- Do you have a driver's stand? We do have a driver's stand and it is handicap accessible. Click on the MORE link on the main toolbar and click on VIDEO or PHOTO GALLERY to see a video/image of our driver's stand.
- I would like to check out the track...any Test and Tunes? (Please note: Test and Tunes are complete for 2018!
- When is the first race of 2018? Click on the RC RACING link on the main toolbar and click on RC RACING CALENDAR to see our schedule events for the 2018 season.
Are you having any big RC Car Races this year? YES!! June - “The Annual Dirt Oval Mayhem in The Mid-Atlantic”. and September "Annual Fall Down Show Down - Darlene Kay Rust Memorial".
- How much is registration for MAYHEM? Registration is $40 (Additional events can be purchased for $20 each.) 1/10 2wd Novice - $20 . Spectators are FREE all weekend! Also, a minimum of "5" competitors per class are required to run the class.
- How much is registration for the Annual Fall Down Show Down-Darlene Kay Rust Memorial? Registration is $40 (Additional events can be purchased for $20 each.) 1/10 2wd Novice - $20 . Spectators are FREE. Proceeds from this race support the Darlene Kay Rust scholarship which is awarded to a deserving Cape Henlopen High School Senior who intends on pursuing a college degree in the study of Nursing. Darlene Kay Rust grew up in Milton and graduated from Cape Henlopen High School in 1978. She graduated with a BS in Nursing from the University of Delaware and worked at the Christina Care Center. Darlene passed away suddenly March 11, 2016. This scholarship honors Darlene’s lifelong love of nursing and provides support to those who want to pursue nursing as well as her love and support of RC racing. To date three scholarships totaling $2500 have been awarded. To make donations to the scholarship contact the Greater Lewes Foundation (501)c3 at (302) 703-2568.
- Can I bring my Camper/Trailer? Camping on site is always FREE.
- What should I bring to be prepared for racing? Generator...Chair...Pop up shade canopy...Table so your can work on your racing equipment.
- Do you tech car after qualifiers and mains? Yes
- Is lodging close to Club Milton Speedway? Click on the MORE link on the main toolbar and click on LODGING.
- Should I pack my own food? On special event weekends food and beverage will be available on site. During regular races and test and tunes food will not be available.
- What classes will be racing?
- 1/5 scale Eastern Dirt Modified 2WD
1/5 scale Late Model 2WD
1/5 scale EDM Sportsman 2WD (max motor 30.5cc and can muffler)
1/5 scale 4WD truck - Mayhem and Fall Show Down
1/5 scale Sprint car – Mayhem and Fall Show Down
1/10 scale electric 2WD
1/10 scale Novice short course electric 2WD
1/10 scale short course electric 4WD Mayhem and Fall Show Down
- Can a class be added to the racing schedule? Sure...we can add a class as long as there are four (5) competitors.
- Should I bring my own scoring transponder? Racers will be responsible for their own transponders - Mylaps. Racers may still race without transponders, but they will not be scored.